We are run by Volunteers! Join us!
There are many ways to play a role in your co-op. From work at home, to work at public events, to being on a committee where are the planning and thinking takes place --there are lots of great ways to contribute to this community project. Just send us a note and we will get in touch with you.
Ambler Food Co-op Committees
Since January 25, 2012 community members have come together and organized to form committees that meet regularly, plan and oversee the co-op’s activities. In addition to the officers, there are several dozen other folks who are members of these committees and are offering their time and talents to the Ambler Food Co-op project. To learn more about joining a committee, email email@example.com
Membership Committee – Kathleen Casey, Chair
- Maintains database of contacts and members.
- Works with Finance committee to accept and track membership equity payments.
- Works with the Board on overall membership organizing plans and their implementation.
Outreach and Volunteer Committee – Meg Gruwell and Oliver Will, Co-Chairs
- Finds events where Ambler Food Co-op can participate and get exposure in the local community.
- Coordinates with local organizations and businesses to gain exposure.
- Oversees set-up at tabling events and ensures volunteers are lined up to help.
House Party Coordinators -Nancy Wieman and Bernadette Dougherty
- Schedule and help facilitate house parties at member's house to help build membership
Communications Committee - Anita Behrman, Chair
Responsible for all communications including print materials, press releases, articles, website updates, and social media.
Office volunteers - Wendy Fry, coordinator
Spend time in the office with another volunteer to help talk to people about the co-op, or engage in other organizing. Saturday mornings and some evenings are currently being sought.