Last Thursday night we held our 3rd Community Meeting (we’ve committed to holding community update meetings every 6 months). By a show of hands, we saw that we had many “first-timers” at our meeting. Thank you everyone, for coming out and showing your support!
If you missed the meeting, there is a nice write-up in the Ambler Gazette that gives you an update on the “state of affairs”, that you can find at this link online.
After the meeting was a Question and Answer session, where community members asked questions. In case you missed the meeting, we thought it would be a good idea to share items from the Q&A session here:
Q. Have you started talking to any farms?
A. Yes, some . . . but we are still very early in the process and are more focused on connecting with the community, getting members and raising capital.
Q. Is the $400 “fee” for an individual or family?
A. It is for one residence and we realize there will be exceptions. Also, please note it is not a fee but an investment.
Q. Are you going to open in Ambler?
A. So far that is the plan because of the walk-ability, but we are not ready to start the location search.
Q. Can you post notes from meetings on the website?
A. We will try to post more information to the website and to post when those meetings are happening on the calendar. We are always looking for new committee members so if you see a meeting you can make, feel free to joins us.
Q. What is Bob Noble’s email address?
Q. Will there be discounts at other food co-ops around the country?
A. There are programs like that out there, and we would be willing to partner with other co-ops, but it is up to the members to make those types of decisions.
Q. Do co-ops buy from personal/household gardens?
A. Not typically, but it is an interesting concept.
Q. Can you walk the 5K?
A. Yes! It is open to walkers and runners.
Q. What are the sponsorship levels and benefits for sponsoring for the 5k?
A. Whitpain Township will promote your business as much as possible. The level of exposure will be commensurate to your level of commitment. The sponsorship opportunities listed are suggested packages. We will customize a sponsor program to meet your needs! Please call Kurt Baker at (610) 277-2400 x381 if you would like assistance designing your own sponsor package.
All event requests are reviewed by the Parks & Recreation department prior to approval. You will be notified once the sponsor schedule is complete.
Please send your company’s logo and website URL to Courtney Fox.
Friend Level – $200, Choose One:
- Harvest Festival General Sponsor
- Concert or Movie General Sponsor
Bronze Level – $500 – Choose One:
- Big Rig Round-Up
- Community Harvest Festival Activity Sponsor
- Earth Day Event – co-sponsor
- Hayrides at Prophecy Creek Park – one night
- Motorcycle Daze
- Send a Child to Stony Creek Day Camp – 1st-5th grade program
- Summer Movie – One Show
Silver Level – $1000 – Choose One:
- Earth Day Prime Sponsor
- Community Harvest Festival Sponsor
- Summer Concert Series – co-sponsor one show
- Hayrides at Prophecy Creek Park – both nights
- Send a Child to Stony Creek Day Camp – 6th-9th grade program
- Billboard Sponsor on Baseball Outfield Fence at Wentz Run Park – one year
Gold Level – $2500 – Choose One:
- Concert Series – one concert or co-sponsor of top performer
- Prime Sponsor of Community Harvest Festival
- Sole Sponsor of Summer Movie Series
- Billboard Sponsor on Baseball Outfield Fence at Wentz Run Park – two years
Platinum Level – $5000 – Choose One:
- Presenting Sponsor of Community Harvest Festival
- Summer Concert Series Top Performer Sponsor
- Billboard Sponsor on Baseball Outfield Fence at Wentz Run Park – five years
- Sponsor Benefits
- Recognition in next Township Newsletter
- Complimentary table at the Community Harvest Festival vendor area
- Recognition on Township’s Facebook and Twitter pages
- Logo and website link on WhitpainRec.com:
Friend Level: 3 Months
Bronze Level: 6 Months
Silver Level: 9 Months
Gold & Platinum Level: 1 Year
- Sponsor sign or banner at event area
- Recognition on Township access channel